Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Norman Cornwall Memorial

Norman Cornwall Memorial

The Norman Cornwall Memorial honors soldiers from the west side of Chicago who lost their lives in World War I. Private Norman J. Cornwall, a U.S. Marine, died in action in France in 1918. The Norman Cornwall Post of the American Legion donated the memorial and dedicated it in May 1930. Standing at more than twenty-feet-tall, the monument is composed of a Georgia-marble pylon with a bronze flame at its peak. It is located near the Garfield Park, Chicago.
Sculptor: Carl J. Epping

This post is for A TO Z Challenge, where there will be a post every day in April except Sundays corresponding to each letter of the alphabet.
#POST14 #N

THEME: "In and around Chicago" - All the pictures in this series are monuments, sculptures and fountains shot at various parks in Chicago. View the entire pictures in this sequence here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice them you have, and great pics. History and photography - a perfect combination. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your photography. Your website is very well done, as well. I found you through the A to Z Challenge and I will be back, for sure. Happy snapping of photos! I too take my own photos but usually the story is what I hold dear. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Back to top!